EngEDU 1/2015
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EngEDU 1/2015

Forum for English Major students, Faculty of Education, Mahasarakham University, Thailand

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yolradee033
ผู้อำนวยการเขตพื้นที่การศึกษา
ผู้อำนวยการเขตพื้นที่การศึกษา
Yolradee033

5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention Empty
PostSubject: 5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention   5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention Empty13th September 2015, 9:03 am

Getting class attention is very important for the teachers. If the teacher cannon grab any attention from students, that class will be boring. So I pick this effective tips for you guys to help you getting their attentions.

1.Change the level and tone of your voice
Often just changing the level and tone of your voice, lowering it or raising it, will signal to the students it’s time to pay attention.
2.Use props like a bell or whistle
Better for lower level or younger learners, props like these clearly mark beginnings, endings, and other transitions within the class.
3.Use a visual related to the instruction
Holding up a striking picture related to the session, such as environmental debris if the class topic is related to the environment, is sure to get all eyes on you. Don’t comment on it; allow students to start the dialogue.
4.Make a startling statement or give a quote
Writing a surprising statement or quote related to the content on the board has a similar effect: for example “More than half of children in California speak some language other than English at home” if the topic is language acquisition.
5.Write a pop quiz question on the board
Write a basic comprehension question related to the reading on the board. Students have to answer it on slips of paper and turn them in. This gets students focused right away on course material. The question can then lead to discussion after the quiz.

Yolradee 033 3EN
Back to top Go down
Suwara044
รมต. กระทรวงศึกษาธิการ
รมต. กระทรวงศึกษาธิการ
Suwara044

PostSubject: Re: 5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention   5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention Empty14th September 2015, 10:51 am

Wow! It is very interesting.
Especially, it is useful for me because these tips will help me to grap the attention from my students.
It is the most dificult thing to deal with, so these tips will help me a lot.
Thank you for your sharing, Jib.

Suwara 044 3EN
Back to top Go down
Ploypailin028
บัณฑิตครู
บัณฑิตครู
Ploypailin028

PostSubject: Re: 5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention   5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention Empty16th September 2015, 10:20 pm

Thanks very much, Jib.
One more tip of mine is commanding children to clap their hands. This technique is really effective to gain their attentions especially when teacher notice that they do not listen or pay any attentions to you. Sometimes teachers can apply this technique as a games too by setting some rules - like if teacher does not say "clap your hands" before "one time, two times ... times", students do not have to clap their hands.

Ploypailin 028 3EN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention   5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Tips to Get the Class’s Attention
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EngEDU 1/2015 :: Classroom Language (CL)-
Jump to: