EngEDU 1/2015
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EngEDU 1/2015

Forum for English Major students, Faculty of Education, Mahasarakham University, Thailand

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ways to Check for Student Understanding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nittaya022
ครูเชี่ยวชาญพิเศษ
ครูเชี่ยวชาญพิเศษ
Nittaya022

Ways to Check for Student Understanding Empty
PostSubject: Ways to Check for Student Understanding   Ways to Check for Student Understanding Empty1st December 2015, 1:45 pm

1. Ask students to reflect.
During the last five minutes of class ask students to reflect on the lesson and write down what they’ve learned. Then, ask them to consider how they would apply this concept or skill in a practical setting.

2. Use quizzes.
Give a short quiz at the end of class to check for comprehension.

3. Ask students to summarize.
Have students summarize or paraphrase important concepts and lessons. This can be done orally, visually, or otherwise.

4. Response cards.
Index cards, signs, whiteboards, magnetic boards, or other items are simultaneously held up by all students in class to indicate their response to a question or problem presented by the teacher. Using response devices, the teacher can easily note the responses of individual students while teaching the whole group.

5.Think-pair-share.
Students take a few minutes to think about the question or prompt. Next, they pair with a designated partner to compare thoughts before sharing with the whole class.

6.Journal reflections.
Students write their reflections on a lesson, such as what they learned, what caused them difficulty, strategies they found helpful, or other lesson-related topics. Students can reflect on and process lessons. By reading student journals, teachers can identify class and individual misconceptions and successes.

Nittaya 022 3EN

Back to top Go down
thanakrit 3EN
ผู้อำนวยการ
ผู้อำนวยการ
thanakrit 3EN

PostSubject: Re: Ways to Check for Student Understanding   Ways to Check for Student Understanding Empty1st December 2015, 2:05 pm

Sometimes I don't know students are understanding me and i don't know how to check.
So, it is very helpful for me to use in the class for checking their understanding.

Thanakrit 052 3EN
Back to top Go down
Pradchaya055
ครูชำนาญการ
ครูชำนาญการ
Pradchaya055

PostSubject: Re: Ways to Check for Student Understanding   Ways to Check for Student Understanding Empty1st December 2015, 2:42 pm

thank you so much . it is very helpful.
Actually, I always use only reflect questions to check their understanding but as I see on your suggestion there are a lot of ways to ask. I really want to try to use different activities to help my student feel more comfortable to answer checking understanding questions.
I will apply it in my class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways to Check for Student Understanding   Ways to Check for Student Understanding Empty

Back to top Go down

Ways to Check for Student Understanding
Page 1 of 1