EngEDU 1/2015
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EngEDU 1/2015

Forum for English Major students, Faculty of Education, Mahasarakham University, Thailand

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Classroom language to explain games that use the board 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patnarin029
ครูเชี่ยวชาญ
ครูเชี่ยวชาญ
patnarin029

Classroom language to explain games that use the board 2 Empty
PostSubject: Classroom language to explain games that use the board 2   Classroom language to explain games that use the board 2 Empty30th November 2015, 12:19 pm

Game 2- Blindfold joining on the board

1.On the whiteboard or blackboard the teacher has written some things that need to be joined up by lines, e.g. adjectives on the left and their opposites on the right or sentence beginning on the left and sentence endings on the right.

2."Can anyone tell me which one this word joins up with?" [hold the pen or chalk on the right of one of the words on the left] "Freezing? Here?" [start drawing a line that is going towards completely the wrong word] "No? Which direction? Up?" [move up, but too much in that direction] "No? Okay, what is this direction? Up, good. And what's the opposite of up, this way? Not quite, under in the opposite of on. What's the opposite of upstairs?" [mime your fingers walking up and down some stairs "Yup, downstairs. So, the opposite of up is...? Got it, down! So what's this way? This way? This way? This way?" [make a gesture for stop, e.g. open palm towards the students] "Stop! Good, so we've got up, down and stop so far. What about this way? Right, that's right! Right, that's right, ha ha! And the opposite is...? Good, left, but remember the difference between l and r that we studied before. What's the first letter of 'left'? L, good. So, flap your tongue. And the other word is, right, right! So, keep your tongue still. What's this?" [pointing at the light] "Light. L l l l l l light. And this direction? Rrrrrrrright. Like a dog growling. Great. So the four directions we learnt are up, down, left and ...? Right, that's right! Okay, I know, not funny. Sorry!"

3."Okay, any volunteers to join some of these words on the board together? No, okay. I'll close my eyes and spin round and the person who my finger is pointing at has to start. And that person is... Tomoko! Okay, Tomoko, stand up and come up here. Don't worry, everyone is going to help you. Okay, here's the pen. Do you want to start on this one here? Good. Make the pen touch the board next to that word and then just stop. Okay everyone, tell Tomoko which way to go to join that word to the correct one on the right. Left? No! Okay, shout out which way she should go. Right, right, I can't hear you! Good, good, got it! Let's give Tomoko a round of applause, clap clap clap clap."

4."Good, let's have a boy next. Alfonso? So, Alonso, I want you to do the same thing, but this time wearing... this!" [reveal one of those blindfolds that someone wears in a plane when they want to sleep, or anything else they can cover their eyes with such as a scarf] "Aha! Right, have you got it on properly? No looking! Good, take the pen."

5."Okay, everyone, what one do you want him to start with? This one. No? This one? Everyone agree? So, tell him how to get there. Up, up..."
Back to top Go down

Classroom language to explain games that use the board 2
Page 1 of 1